Founded in the 1970s on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do,” Communities In Schools (CIS) has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids succeed in school and prepare for life.
Our mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. We believe every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a marketable skill to use upon graduation, a chance to give back to the community, and a healthy start.
We currently offer six core service areas that include After School Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court, Family Resource Center, Parenting Education Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, and our Dropout Prevention Program.Read more
- It’s almost here! The 5th Annual BIG Toy Day will be held Saturday, May 18th, 2013, from 11am to 3pm,...more
- Communities in Schools of Brunswick County is pleased to announce that its much-anticipated 5th Annual Little Princess Ball will be...more
- The 11th Annual Benefit Gala for Children will be held October 18th, 2012 from 6pm to 10pm at...more
- Great teamwork on Saturday at the 2013 Big Toy Day! Weather was perfect. Thanks to...
- This afternoon, the students at South Brunswick Middle School celebrated with members of the Kiwanis...
- The Southport-Oak Island Kiwanis Club sponsored their meeting at Waterway Park in St. James last...