Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. will be celebrating its 20th year in 2015 on the belief that “programs don’t save children, relationships do.” CIS has become the nation’s most effective and widely respected community-based organization helping kids stay in school and prepare for life.
The CIS mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. CIS believes every child deserves a one-on-one relationship with a caring adult, a safe place to learn and grow, a healthy start and healthy future, a marketable skill to use upon graduation and a chance to give back to the community.
CIS currently offers five core service areas that include: Action for Success Dropout Prevention Program, Adopt A School and Volunteer Partnerships, Before & After School Programs, Parenting Education Programs, Teen Court and Peer Court and Academic Scholarships.Read more
- Carillon Assisted Living Antique Appraisal and Community Fair. Sponsored by Carillon Assisted Living of Southport for the benefit...more
- Crow Creek Golf Club Labor Day Tournament - Sponsored by Crow Creek Men and Ladies Golf Leagues for...more
- Come out and enjoy the Sunset Beach Summer Concert on August 6th from 6:30 – 8:30. An evening...more
- STEM Camps Provide Unique Opportunity at Local School Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 8:04 pm...
- Communities In Schools (CIS), in partnership with Brunswick County Schools, will hold Annual Volunteer...
- Brunswick County Schools in partnership with Communities In Schools Before and/or After School Child Care...