Eshelman Foundation Provides Grant to CIS
The Eshelman Foundation of Wilmington recently provided a $4,000 grant award to the CIS Action for Success Program to support our Success Coaches working with students in local schools providing tutoring, mentoring, social-emotional learning, attendance and behavior interventions, basic need items and club activities to promote positive peer connections. CIS Success Coaches work at nine local schools each school day with students who need additional support outside of the classroom to be successful. Each student is served through an individualized Student Support Plan developed in collaboration with school staff, the student, and parent to ensure interventions meet the specific needs of each student.
The Eshelman Foundation’s mission is to strengthen North Carolina by improving the quality of life for children living in our local communities through support of solution-based programs that focus on pediatric health care and educational-related issues. Their Vision is that the Eshelman Foundation will be a distinctive leader in strengthening the health and education of children in North Carolina by investing in programs that:
- Promote equality and foster awareness across all social, economic, and ethnic groups.
- Deploy a multifaceted, team approach that contributes to a healthy, energetic youth population committed to service and teamwork.
- Encourage and reward innovation and excellence in education.
- Empower communities by bolstering local resources and networks that positively influence children’s lives.
- Demonstrate success through measurable improvements in the health status of children served.
Communities In Schools of Brunswick County has been the grateful recipient of support from the Eshelman Foundation for many years and deeply appreciates their support again this year!