Communities In Schools of Brunswick County, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CIS is currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Lead Manager Southport and Boiling Spring Lakes CIS Thrift Shop
Two Part-time (26 hours per week at $12 per hour) positions available for Southport and Boiling Spring Lakes Communities In Schools Thrift Shop. The Lead Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the CIS Thrift Shop: supervising, managing and scheduling the Assistant Manager, Retail Sales Associate and volunteers, increase sales and donations, and facilitate a safe and healthy work and shopping environment for customers, volunteers and staff. Oversee financial transactions, to include accurately closing-out cash register and conducting daily bank deposits. Scheduled shop coverage will be three days a week including every other Saturday plus additional administrative management time (26 hours per week total). Associate Degree preferred. Customer service experience required. Retail management and volunteer management experience helpful. Email resume with cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. CIS is an equal opportunity employer.
Assistant Manager Southport CIS Thrift Shop
Part-time Assistant Manager for Southport Communities In Schools Thrift Shop in Brunswick County. Responsible for conducting daily operations of the CIS Thrift Shop as assigned by Lead Manager to include, managing retail thrift shop, thrift shop merchandise sales display creation, recruiting and managing volunteers, scheduling and communications. Facilitate a safe and healthy work and shopping environment for customers, volunteers and staff. Oversee daily financial transactions, to include accurately closing-out cash register and conducting daily bank deposits. Scheduled shop coverage will be three days a week including every other Saturday (22.5 hours per week). Customer service experience required. Retail management and volunteer management experience helpful. Email resume with cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com. CIS is an equal opportunity employer.
Retail Sales Associate Southport CIS Thrift Shop
Part time, day time hours. Responsible for assisting with the operations of the Southport CIS Thrift Shop as assigned by management personnel to include communicating, recruiting, and working with volunteers. Assist on shift manager Monday – Saturday as needed as Retail Sales Associate ($8/hr). Work includes lifting, sorting of donations, operating a cash register and conducting sales, communicating with the public and volunteers, and general duties as related to maintaining a clean environment. GED or High School diploma required and experience commensurate with duties related to retail business, customer service and basic computer skills. Experience in working with volunteers and a retail environment is desired. Position available at the Southport CIS Thrift Shop. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CIS is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time, $8.00/hour
Parenting Education Director
Basic Function: Coordinate, implement, and manage comprehensive parenting education programs and support groups (evidence based and promising programs). Conduct educational classes to clients, oversee day-to-day operations and serve as liaison for community resources.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in education, early childhood development, social work or related field or demonstrated equivalent experiences; strong interpersonal and communication skills; effective organizational, management, and budgetary skills; computer proficient, flexible, resourceful, enthusiastic, self-directed and energetic.
· Collect, develop and coordinate parent education materials and programs
· Acquire a working knowledge of: Incredible Years, Circle of Parents, and other evidence-based and promising parenting programs
· Recruit, hire, train and supervise parenting education staff
· Prepare and teach informational and engaging parenting classes
· Work with class participants adhering to Principals of Family Support
· Assist with preparation of class materials, arrange equipment needs and room preparation
· Acquire a working knowledge of the developmental stages for different age groups
· Recruit parent and community involvement in the Parenting Education Program
· Provide information and referrals to appropriate county resources for parents
· Work collaboratively with human service agencies, schools, juvenile justice system, healthcare providers, civic organizations, community-based organizations, local businesses and the faith community in implementing the Parenting Education Program
· Develop marketing materials to promote and expand program participation; press releases
· Develop annual budget under direction of Program Operations Officer and Finance Officer and maintain costs within budget
· Participate in monthly budget meetings with Finance Officer
· Oversee grant implementation and compliance
· Submit required reports to funding sources and CIS with accuracy and in a timely manner
· Conduct pre and post surveys for program evaluation
· Communicate with Program Operations Officer in reference to program updates, new initiatives, and strategic planning
· Participate in personal and professional staff development
· Maintain professional attitude and appearance
· Perform other duties necessary for the successful operation of the program
Job Type: Full-time
-Paid time off
CIS is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.